Oral cancer can be life-threatening. The key to successful treatment and recovery is early discovery, which is why the Oral Cancer Foundation recommends getting screened for oral cancer regularly. At Star Smiles, we provide that service for you quickly and painlessly.
- Quick and completely painless procedure
- A proven method for early discovery of non-apparent oral lesions
- Early detection improves treatment outcomes, even saving lives
- Oral cancer can be disfiguring and deadly
What Are the Symptoms of Oral Cancer?
The most common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Swellings/thickenings, lumps or bumps, rough spots/crusts/or eroded areas on the lips, gums, or other areas inside the mouth
- The development of velvety white, red, or speckled (white and red) patches in the mouth
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Unexplained numbness, loss of feeling, or pain/tenderness in any area of the face, mouth, or neck
- Persistent sores on the face, neck, or mouth that bleed easily and do not heal within 2 weeks
- A soreness or feeling that something is caught in the back of the throat
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing, speaking, or moving the jaw or tongue
- Hoarseness, chronic sore throat, or change in voice
If you notice any of these changes, contact your dentist or health care professional immediately.